You often find a thick mat under a treadmill in a gym or other place. So, to many of you, a question comes about the essence of this mat. Actually, it is quite an obligatory mate of a treadmill. In fact, a good quality treadmill mat can save you from a number of irritating experiences like noise, vibration or protecting the floor. The noise that comes from the treadmill is irritating. In this post, I will discuss the five best treadmill mats for noise reduction and vibration.
Before checking out the best mats for your treadmill, it is better to learn about the essence of this thing. It may reduce your confusion about the necessity of a mat.
- 0.1 Importance of having a mat under a treadmill.
- 1 5 best treadmill mats for noise reduction:
- 2 1. Wonder Mat Extra Thick Black Treadmill Waterproof Mat.
- 3 2. 78-inch Indoor Gym Rectangle Equipment Mat
- 4 3. Humane SHOK-LOK Noise and Vibration Reducing Mat
- 5 4. Onestops8 Maxx-Tuff Floor Protection Mats with noise reduction
- 6 5. ProSource Treadmill & Exercise Equipment Mat
Importance of having a mat under a treadmill.
Do you ever notice that most of the gyms keep a thick foamy mat to cover the floor? Yes, they do it for various reasons. And for those same reasons, you need a mat under a treadmill. Let’s see how it helps.
On a treadmill, people commonly run or walk wearing gym shoes or snickers. As much as they keep the speed level high, they have to run faster. And the faster they run, the harder and faster they have to step and hit the deck of the treadmill. So, it is obvious that the noise will be produced. Here, only a good quality mat can rescue you from this noise.
In the process of producing noise, your treadmill will be the cause of irritating vibration. With the faster movement of your body, the treadmill itself will vibrate. So, the floor must be infected by vibration. In this case, a thick and standard mat is the best solution to absorb the vibration.
For both of the treadmill and the floor on which it is set, a mat works as great protection and reduces the possibility of damages. Often wood floor gets dumped and damaged for a heavy machine. Aging, tiles and other kinds of floor get scratched for those things. So, a mat can be a good solution for them.
5 best treadmill mats for noise reduction:
To get with the above advantages you must keep a mat under the treadmill you use for your fitness. Now let’s check the below description of five mats so that it will be very easy for you to choose the best treadmill mat for noise reduction.
1. Wonder Mat Extra Thick Black Treadmill Waterproof Mat.
If you are looking for a mat for your wood floor, then you can have a look at it. This mat is specially made for the wood floor to reduce the noise as well as to save the floor from getting scratched. It is purposefully customized in such a way that a treadmill with any size can suit it well.
Features of Wonder Mat Extra Thick Black Treadmill Waterproof Mat:
• Taiwanese product.
• It will last up to 10 years.
• Made with non-toxic, lightweight, durable, lead-free and high-density EVA.
• A set of 21 pieces of 1 ft by 1 ft black mat.
• 83 in x 36 in an adjustable size.
• Easy to clean.
• Thickness is ~9/16in.
• Undergo a number of tests.
To reduce noise and vibration, the thickness this mat possesses is enough. Besides, it is water waterproof and durable. Also, it is affordable and available to get. I think it won’t be a cause of your dissatisfaction.
2. 78-inch Indoor Gym Rectangle Equipment Mat
Meet another stunning mat, Indoor Gym Rectangle Equipment Mat. It is particularly made for the indoor gym use and for heavy exercises. For a treadmill with any sizes, it can be a good suit. now, let’s check what it will offer.
78-inch Indoor Gym Rectangle Equipment Mat Protects Floor, Heavy Exercise Sweat. Perfect for Treadmills, Elliptical Trainers, Rowers, Weights Stationary Bike. You can do the cardio workout without vibration and Noise. Grey Color.
Indoor Gym Rectangle Equipment Mat features:
• 78 inches high x 36 inches wide inches dimension.
• Made from durable blown PVC.
• Long-lasting service.
• Also good for other gym machines like a weight bench.
• Grey in color.
• Very good to reduce noise and vibration.
• 0.25 inches thick.
This amazing mat, I think can be a good choice. It is cheap in price, very durable and nice to look at. Also, it is soft and good at absorbing sound and vibration. So, it should be recommended with appreciation.
3. Humane SHOK-LOK Noise and Vibration Reducing Mat
One of the best anti-shock rubber deadlift cardio equipment mat with solid black color
Have a look at another great noise-absorbing mat which is not just good for the treadmill but also for the deadlifts. Humane Shok-Lok mat possesses some great features that are very essential for both a gym and a home gym or any kind of fitness floor. Let’s check out the features of this amazing mat.
Features of Humane Shok-Lok mat:
• 4′ x 8′ feet in dimension.
• 3/4 inches thick mat.
• Includes the Shok-Lok system.
• Designed with a special waffle design on its underside.
• Made in the USA.
• 4′ x 4′ sized two interconnected mat set.
• Includes the Traction control system.
• Made with durable rubber.
• 100% recyclable.
I think, if you are looking for a big size mat to cover up a larger part of your fitness room or home gym, This mat is good. It is durable and very good in features and quality. Now, just think it again before bidding goodbye to it.
4. Onestops8 Maxx-Tuff Floor Protection Mats with noise reduction
1/2″ Thick Rubber Matting (48″x72″)
Maxx-Tuff mat is a unique and durable mat for your fitness room and home gym. It has enough thickness to absorb the noise of the treadmill motor and the vibration also. Often it is considered one of the best treadmill mats for noise reduction. You can have a look on the below features, it possesses.
Features of Maxx-Tuff mat:
• 48″ x 72″ in dimension.
• Anti-slip honeycomb design surface.
• 1/2″ thick.
• It contains resistance to endure the abrasive conditions of any machinery.
• For the underside, it has the diamond pattern sub-surface.
• Made of recycling materials and SBR.
• Good for every kind of floor.
• Highly durable and long-lasting.
• Provides high impact protection from heavy machinery or weights.
This thick mat is well known for being great in absorbing noise and vibration that the machinery create. Furthermore, it will last for a long period of time if you use it properly. So, I think, it can also be a good option for you.
5. ProSource Treadmill & Exercise Equipment Mat
Folding (7’L x 3’W x ¼”T) & Regular (6.5’L x 3’W x 5/32”T) Designs, High Density PVC Floor Protector.
Lastly, I should recommend you about this one. ProSource Treadmill & Exercise Equipment Mat is an outstanding noise and vibration absorbing mat with a long-lasting approach. This mat is purposefully made for home gyms, basements, and fitness studios. Let’ have a look at the features of this mat.
ProSource Treadmill & Exercise Equipment Mat features:
• Two different sizes of 6.6′ and 7′ in length.
• 3′ width for both versions.
• Double design protection.
• Non-skid texture.
• Easy to clean.
• Composed with high impact, strong, slip-resistant PVC.
• Durable and long-lasting.
• Good to hold weight racks, weight lifting benches, dumbbells, and kettlebells.
• It can be used as a yoga mat.
• Foldable and affordable.
ProSource Treadmill & Exercise Equipment Mat is really composed of a handful of amazing features. In comparison to other mats for noise and vibration reduction, it is cheap. Also, it is portable and strong. So, I recommend it for all of its essential qualities.
After researching for a longer period of time, I got these five mats as the best treadmill mats for noise reduction. All of them are durable, thick and more or less affordable. Besides, to use multiple types of machinery is also possible for all of these five mats. I think you have already been aware of the necessity of having a mat below your treadmill or other likely machinery. So, I hope this article will make it easy to find out the best one for you easily. Again, if you have any questions, please let us know. Hopefully, we will try to answer you soon.