“Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.”Maxime Lagacé
A person’s health is by far the most precious asset to themselves. Daily walking and running are two of the most common yet beneficial habits that keep us healthy. But with the global pandemic raging, going outside even for a jog is too dangerous. Therefore a treadmill can work like a miracle.
A treadmill is a machine that allows people to run or walk in the same place and burn calories. Purchasing a treadmill will allow you to keep fit without jogging outside or rushing to the gym during inconvenient hours. It’s one of the essential pieces of workout gadgets to have in your residence.
Because treadmills are pretty expensive, the price is usually one of the most important considerations before buying one. That’s why we reviewed numerous treadmills and decided to make a list of the best treadmills for homes under 500.
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Treadmill
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
- XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
- FYC 2 in 1 Under-Desk Treadmill
- UREVO Foldable Electric Treadmill for Home
- ANCHEER Folding Treadmill for Home Workout
- FUNMILY 2 in 1 Folding Electronic Treadmill for Walking and Running
- REDLIRO Under Desk Motorized Folding Treadmill
- KINGSMITH P1 Walking pad Ultra Slim Foldable Treadmill:
- Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Under Desk Electronic Treadmill:
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Treadmill:
We all go through many doubts when we decide to purchase a product for the first time. Unfortunately, the manufacturing companies usually showcase the most significant features of their product to attract customers. They may even exaggerate or fabricate certain aspects.
Unfortunately, there is a good chance you may fall for one of these marketing strategies if you don’t do enough research beforehand. To make things trouble-free for you, we have performed a thorough analysis of this matter. We reviewed different treadmills, sought out expert advice, and spoke with users to obtain reliable information. Based on the findings, we have chosen some of the best running treadmills under $500 dollars.
These treadmills, we believe, will provide you with the best experience at a fair price. We will go through the features, pros, and cons and why we selected these particular treadmills further in the article.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Treadmill
We have already established that the treadmill is a pricey product. However, before investing so much money, there are several things you should study before purchasing a treadmill to make the most of your money.
Speed is a crucial factor to consider before buying treadmills. As it is a device that allows people to run, it is vital to know the maximum speed at which it can go. The average human walks 2 to 4 mph and jogs at 4 to 5 mph speed. Anything over 5 miles is considered a running speed. So any treadmill over 6 should be enough for an ordinary person. Then, of course, you can choose the speed according to your needs.
Manual or Electronic Treadmill:
There are two types of treadmills, manual and electric. A manual treadmill is a treadmill without an electronic motor, whereas electronic treadmills have a built-in engine. The user on a manual treadmill has to depend solely on their muscle power to run/walk. While using an electronic treadmill, the user runs/steps on the mat moved by the motor. Even though both types can be ideal depending on the buyer’s needs, electronic treadmills are universally preferred.
Manual Incline or Auto Incline:
The incline indicates the intensity of the workout. There are two types of incline adjustment, manual and auto-incline. The manual upgrade is where you have to adjust the incline manually, and the auto incline feature allows you to adjust the pitch by pushing a button. It would be best if you always looked for treadmills with the auto-incline feature, as it will enable you to increase the intensity of the workout without breaking the stride.
You should know also–
Nobody wants a treadmill that is too small and uncomfortable to use—That’s why it’s essential to inquire about the length and width of the running area. The more spacious the running room is, the more favorable it will be for the user.
It’s a thing overweight and obese people should consider before buying a treadmill. Like any other machine, the treadmills also have a maximum weight it can support. So it would be best if you are looking for a treadmill that can carry your weight quickly.
If you’re planning on buying an electronic treadmill, you should check the amount of power the motor consumes. A high-powered engine can rapidly increase your electricity bill.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
With its modern technology, this budget-friendly treadmill allows you to work out without having to break your stride. Features like auto incline, Bluetooth connectivity, large backlit LCD monitor, and transportation wheels have drawn our attention to it.
- Comes with 12 levels of adjustable auto incline features. It allows the users to adjust the incline at the flick of a finger.
- Has an in-built digital monitor. It helps users track their progress by showing time, incline, distance, calories, and pulse.
- It’s foldable and portable. As a result, it can be folded after the workout occupying less space, and can be carried to any destination with ease because of the transportation wheels.
- Comes with Bluetooth connectivity. As a result, different devices can scan it and allow users to listen to music and answer phone calls.
- Large backlit LCD monitor to display progress
- Quite 2.2 horsepower motor
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Requires lubrication before installation and every two months
- People weighing over 240 lbs. can’t use it
If it’s maintained and lubricated as per the instructions, this inexpensive model promises a great workout experience. The auto incline feature and the LCD monitor maximize the progress while Bluetooth connectivity keeps you entertained and allows you to socialize while working out.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
This XTERRA treadmill has been designed specifically for a home environment. As a result, this includes different features to make your workout experience comfortable without compromising quality and performance. In addition, the soft cushion technology of this model is very commendable as it reduces stress on your joints.
- Comes with a large 16 “x 50” walking/running area. A large running area provides maximum comfort to the user.
- Has 12 presets programs. These different programs offer variety for your workout. You can also adjust the settings manually according to your preferences.
- It includes direct access speed buttons. It allows the user to adjust the speed quickly from 1mph to 9mph.
- Has a built-in large LCD monitor. The monitor keeps the user updated about the progress by displaying time, distance, speed, incline, calories, and pulse.
- This treadmill is designed with XTRA soft cushion deck technology. It provides a comfortable experience by decreasing the stress on your joints.
- Direct access speed button
- Large 5″ LCD
- hand pulse grips
- Accessory holder
- foldable & comfortable
- Incline has to be set manually
- Needs lubrication
Apart from the 12 presets, the incline on this treadmill must be adjusted manually, which can be inconvenient for some users. But otherwise, this comparatively cheap treadmill, with its quiet 2.25 horsepower motor, ensures the highest outcome while providing the users with maximum comfort.
FYC 2 in 1 Under-Desk Treadmill
The design of this one is very innovative and of high quality. This 2 in 1 folding treadmill can function as both an under-desk walking treadmill and a running treadmill, depending on your need. This individual feature makes it divergent from the most inexpensive treadmills.
- Has two exercise modes- under desk walking way and running mode. The under-desk mode allows the users to work their legs while working or studying.
- Comes with a dashboard and remote control feature. You can adjust speed, mode, and programs through either the dashboard or the remote control.
- Furthermore, there is a multifunctional LED display included. It shows the progress the user is making.
- The motor of this treadmill is 2.5 horsepower and designed to be quiet despite being a high-power motor which ensures both effectiveness and comfort.
- It’s foldable and space-saving. You can fold and keep it in narrow spaces like under the sofa, under the bed, or behind the bookshelf, etc.
- can use as an under-desk treadmill
- Foldable and space-saving
- No installation required
- Portable due to transportation wheels
- Powerful motor
- People weighing over 220 lbs can’t use it
- High-powered motor increases electricity consumption
- Not recommended to place on a mat and carpeted areas
This 2-in-1 under-desk is very budget-friendly if we look at its high-quality features; apart from a few minor drawbacks, it’s perfectly suitable for home and office. As a result, it’s a great model to purchase for people with a budget under 300 dollars.
UREVO Foldable Electric Treadmill for Home
It is designed especially for weight loss and toning. It’s an excellent option for any overweight person under 260 lbs. Gym enthusiasts can also purchase this and exercise at home to stay in shape.
- The maximum weight capacity is 260 lbs. As a result, more overweight people can purchase this one to lose weight.
- It has A 2.5 HP motor to produce less noise. It allows the treadmill to run smoothly and quietly.
- This model also includes a fitness tracker and a phone holder. The fitness tracker tracks your activities and displays them on an LCD, while the phone holder allows you to keep your phone close.
- Has a stabilizing design. It is sturdy and durable and prevents the rod from shaking while it’s in motion.
- Can work both as a running treadmill and an under desk treadmill. As a result, users can work out while working or studying.
- Powerful and quiet motor
- Fitness tracking LCD
- Foldable and space-saving
- 1 mph to 12 mph speed
- Safety tether key
- People weighing over 260 lbs can’t use it
- Heavy and difficult to move
This treadmill has great features except for its weight and small transportation wheels. As it is a little bit heavy, we don’t you would want to move regularly. But once set up nicely, it can be a very fruitful fitness tool.
ANCHEER Folding Treadmill for Home Workout
Ancheer folding treadmill is perfect for people with a budget under 400 dollars. This 2-in-1 treadmill is designed to look stylish while maintaining good quality and performance. This model can be used right after unboxing as it comes fully assembled.
- It’s a 2-in-1 under-desk treadmill. It can be used both as a regular treadmill and a flat under-desk treadmill when its handrails are down.
- The motor is 2.25 horsepower. The engine is designed to be quiet and to absorb shock, resulting in a smooth glide of the belt.
- It includes a wrist-mounted remote control and tracking feature. This feature allows the user to adjust different settings using the remote on their wrist and track the progress.
- The non-slip running belt in this model has 7 layers. It provides cushioning for the users’ joints while the non-slip areas on both sides allow the user to rest and balance.
- Can use as an under-desk treadmill
- Remote control adjustment
- LED display
- Fully assembled
- Silent motor
- People over 265 lbs can’t use it
- The running belt can become rusty if it’s not lubricated once a month
All in all, this budget-friendly model works great for people weighing under 265 lbs. However, to keep it working smoothly, the users should lubricate it monthly.
FUNMILY 2 in 1 Folding Electronic Treadmill for Walking and Running
It’s a 2-in-1 treadmill, with its outstanding qualities, is fit for home, office, and gym. It includes Bluetooth connectivity, remote control feature, a wide running area, and other great features. But, unfortunately, it is also a comparatively cheap model.
- The 2.25 motor is powerful and quiet. As a result, it allows users to work out quietly without disturbing others.
- Can adjust the settings in two ways. You can use the buttons on the device or control it using the remote control feature.
- Other devices can connect to This treadmill through Bluetooth. It can entertain the users while exercising and prevents them from missing any important call.
- The model is with a shock absorption system. Because of that, the treadmill runs smoothly and prevents any undue strain on the users’ joints.
- Furthermore, it comes with transportation wheels. So it can be easily moved and relocated.
- Sturdy and stable because of the solid steel frame
- No assembly required
- Bluetooth connectivity and remote control
- Can be used while sitting
- Portable and space-saving
- Weight capacity is 220 lbs
The features of this 2 in 1 portable treadmill are very likable. The user reviews indicate the effectiveness of this model. If you weigh under 220 lbs, this is one of the best compact treadmills for under 500 dollars.
REDLIRO Under Desk Motorized Folding Treadmill
This stylish treadmill works both like a regular treadmill and an under-desk treadmill. The motor is powerful, and the running area is wide enough for comfortable exercise. In addition, it allows you to enjoy great features at a low price.
- This treadmill turns into a flat under-desk model when you fold the handrail. It allows the users to carry out other activities while working out, saving a lot of time.
- This model comes with a dual control system. You can use the buttons on the dashboard or the remote control to adjust different settings.
- The 2.25 HP motor is powerful, and the running area has a shock absorption system. Both of these features ensure a smooth and comfortable stride preventing muscle pain.
- Has tracking features and a tablet holder. The multifunctional LED monitor displays time, speed, distance, calories, etc., and the tablet holder allow you to watch movies on your smartphone or tablet.
- No assembly required
- 2 in1 feature
- Shock absorption
- Foldable, portable, and space saver
- People over 220 lbs can’t use it
- No pause option
- A few users claim it’s a bit loud
This model looks good for its price. However, except for a few users, the majority of the users claimed it isn’t loud and works quite well. Another drawback with this treadmill is there is no pause option. If you stop your stride, you will lose your progress, and you have to start over. However, the primary goal of a treadmill is to keep fit, and the machine has proved to be effective in that regard.
KINGSMITH P1 Walking pad Ultra Slim Foldable Treadmill:
Kingsmith is an ultra-slim treadmill is for walking and light running. The high technology materials, intelligent gravity foot sensing, and wireless remote control promise an excellent experience for people weighing under 220 pounds.
- Design is ultra-slim. As a result, it takes up less space than most treadmills and can be used both standing and sitting.
- Comes with surprising, smart gravity foot sensors. It tracks the movement of the user’s feet and adjusts the pace automatically, preventing falls and ensuring the best experience.
- It includes a wireless remote control facility and high definition screen. It allows you to control different settings like on, off, start, pause, accelerate, decelerate, etc., and displays the progress.
- Consists of a high-strength aluminum frame, high-density wooden board, high friction PVC belt, durable ABS protective gear, and plastic cover. All of these high materials make the treadmill study and long-lasting.
- Ultra-slim and space-saving
- Smart foot sensor
- Remote control with high definition monitor
- High technology material
- Includes transportation wheels
- People over 220 pounds can’t use it
- The maximum speed is 6 km
This high-quality ultra-slim treadmill is ideal for walking at home or office while engaging in other activities. The maximum speed is 6kmph which is a little slow for running. So, anyone looking for fast running and weight loss shouldn’t probably buy this one. However, for people looking to walk or run slowly, it is the best treadmill for walking under $500.
Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Under Desk Electronic Treadmill:
With its high technology materials and powerful motor, this treadmill allows users to run up to 12kmph. Because of the speed, it can be considered one of the best running treadmills for under 500 dollars. In addition, features like Bluetooth connectivity, remote control, layered running pad, and safety key make this model popular among gym enthusiasts.
- It’s a 2 in 1 treadmill that can function as an under-desk treadmill when it’s folded. The walking modes allow you to walk from 1 to 4 km, while the running method will enable you to run up to 12 km.
- A 2.25 HP motor runs the treadmill. The motor is robust and designed to be ultra-quiet.
- The running belt is non-slip and comes with a shock absorption facility. It provides cushioning for the back, joints, muscles, knees, and ankles.
- Comes with extra features like Bluetooth connectivity, phone holder, remote control, and app control. These features allow you to adjust settings easily, track your progress and keep you entertained.
- 2 in 1 treadmill
- Powerful and quiet motor
- Foldable and portable
- Bluetooth connectivity, remote control, and safety key
- Shock absorption in running belt
- People over 265 lbs can’t use it
- Small running area
- Small phone holder
This treadmill has some fantastic features. But the running area is comparatively smaller than other treadmills. As a result, it works well for slim people but can be uncomfortable for overweight people.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Treadmill:
This inexpensive manual treadmill is for challenging exercise. Running on a manual treadmill requires more physical effort than running on an electric treadmill, which can benefit health. However, except for the motor, it has most of the other facilities that an electric treadmill offers.
- Comes with an LCD monitor. It keeps you updated on your performance by displaying time, speed, distance, etc.
- This manual treadmill includes non-slip handlebars and transportation wheels. The handles help you keep balance while exercising, and the transport wheels make it portable.
- The running surface is non-slip and supports up to 220lbs weight. As a result, it is safe and secure.
- Running on it requires physical effort. Thus, it helps users increase blood circulation, bone density, strengthen muscles, etc.
- It is lightweight and foldable. As a result, it saves a lot of space.
- Foldable and portable
- Non-slip handles and running surface
- No electricity consumption
- Beneficial for health
- Manual incline
- People weighing over 220 lbs can’t use it
According to user reviews, this manual treadmill works quite well despite having no auto incline feature. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have extra features, such as Bluetooth connectivity or phone holders like electric treadmills. Still, it makes you use muscle power, resulting in weight loss and multiple health benefits. The price is also unbelievably low. As a result, it’s one of the best running treadmills for people with a budget under 300.
To conclude, we must mention that choose all of these products among hundreds. The quality and features of these products were reviewed and compared with other models. Either you buy an electronic treadmill or manual, either a regular treadmill or a 2-in-1, the machine should be well-built and have top-notch attributes.
These ten models are outstanding in that aspect. There are several variations between the models; you must select one that fits your demands while maintaining your budget. We also noticed a few minor issues in each model and included them in the article.
You should be aware of those drawbacks before purchasing. But in our honest opinion, these minor drawbacks can be easily compromised. However, it is you who will invest, so it’s up to you to double-check the facts and tread carefully.